Russell Howard is a person who needs no introduction, especially for anyone who is passionate about comedy. This English comedian and television presenter has been making audiences laugh for years with his unique brand of humor. Howard's career has been filled with many accomplishments and milestones that have helped to solidify his place as one of the most beloved comedians in the world.
Over the years, Howard has not only amassed a significant following of fans but has also built a substantial fortune. His net worth is a testament to his hard work and dedication to his craft. In this article, we'll dive into Howard's career, personal life, and net worth to gain a better understanding of the man behind the jokes.
Whether you're a fan of Howard's work or just curious about his rise to fame and fortune, this article aims to provide you with a complete overview of his life and career. So, let's explore Howard's world and uncover the secrets of his success!
Russell Howard: Net Worth, Age, Born, Gender, Height, Country of Origin, Source of Wealth
|Net Worth:||$10 million|
|Age:||41 years old|
|Height:||5 feet 8 inches (1.73 meters)|
|Country of Origin:||United Kingdom|
|Source of Wealth:||Stand-up comedy, writing, hosting TV shows|
Russell Howard is a successful British comedian, writer, and TV personality, with an estimated net worth of $10 million. Born and raised in Bristol, England, he started his career as a comedian in the early 2000s, and quickly rose to fame with his observational and satirical style of comedy.
As a well-known stand-up comedian, Russell has sold out shows all over the world, and has released several DVDs and specials, including "Russell Howard: Recalibrate", "Russell Howard: Wonderbox", and "Russell Howard: Dingledodies". He is also a prolific writer, and has authored several books, including "Russell Howard's Good News: The Book".
In addition to his work as a comedian and writer, Russell is also a popular TV host, and has presented and appeared on various shows, such as "Russell Howard's Good News", "Mock the Week", and "The Russell Howard Hour". With his talent and hard work, Russell Howard has cemented his place as one of the most successful comedians in the UK.
Early Life and Career
Russell Howard was born on March 23, 1980, in Bristol, England.
He got his start in stand-up at the age of 19, performing at local comedy clubs and winning several awards for his comedy.
The Russell Howard Hour
In 2017, Howard started hosting his own show called The Russell Howard Hour, which features topical comedy, interviews with guests, and a focus on current events.
The show has been a huge success, with ratings consistently topping 1 million viewers per episode.
Net Worth and Philanthropy
Howard has amassed a net worth of around $10 million from his various ventures and endeavors in the entertainment industry.
He has also been involved in several charitable causes, including supporting programs for mental health and donating to organizations like Save the Children.
Howard is married to Cerys Morgan, a writer and producer whom he met while they were both working at a comedy club in Edinburgh.
The couple has two children and currently resides in West London.
|Birthdate:||March 23, 1980|
|Notable Works:||The Russell Howard Hour, Russell Howard's Good News, stand-up comedy tours|
|Net Worth:||$10 million|
|Charitable Causes:||mental health programs, Save the Children|
|Spouse:||Cerys Morgan (married in 2018)|
Russell Howard was born on March 23, 1980, in Bristol, England, to parents Dave and Ninette who worked as music publishers. Russell grew up with his younger sister Kerry and was raised in a modest middle-class family.
As a child, Russell was an active and curious boy who enjoyed exploring nature and listening to music. He also had a passion for comedy and began performing stand-up routines at the age of 15 in his local clubs and pubs.
After completing his secondary education at the prestigious Lawrence Weston Community School, Russell decided to pursue a career in comedy and enrolled in drama college at the age of 18.
Despite facing early challenges and setbacks, Russell persevered and continued to hone his comedic skills, eventually becoming one of the most successful and popular comedians in the UK.
Russell Howard started his career as a stand-up comedian at the age of 19. He performed his first gig at the Bristol's Comedy Box. He then spent the next few years travelling and performing in clubs and festivals all over the UK.
In 2006, Russell made his television debut as a regular guest on the popular show "Mock the Week". His appearances on the show were well-received and helped him gain a wider audience.
In 2009, Russell launched his own show called "Russell Howard's Good News" on BBC. The show featured Russell's take on the latest news stories and gained a loyal following over its 10-year run.
Aside from his stand-up and television work, Russell has also released several DVD's of his stand-up shows and has written a book called "Russell Howard's Dingledodies". He has also been a regular contributor to various magazines and newspapers, including The Guardian and The Sun.
Over the course of his career, Russell Howard has won several awards for his work, including "Best Compere" at the 2006 Chortle Awards, "Best Theatre Show" at the 2014 Chortle Awards, and "Best Entertainment Show" at the 2017 Broadcast Awards.
How Russell Howard Spends His Money?
Russell Howard has a net worth of $9 million, thanks to his successful career in stand-up comedy and television hosting. With such a considerable fortune, one might wonder how Russell spends his money.
- Travel - Like any other celebrity, Russell enjoys traveling to luxurious destinations around the world. He has been spotted vacationing in places such as the Caribbean, Hawaii, and Bali. He often shares photos of his travels on his Instagram account, which has over 1.3 million followers.
- Charity - Russell Howard is known to support various charities, including the Teenage Cancer Trust and the Children's Hospital Charity. In 2019, he participated in a charity football game to raise funds for the Bristol City Community Trust.
- Real Estate - Russell reportedly owns a £1.3 million house in South West London. He also has a holiday home in Cornwall, which he purchased for around £650,000.
- Cars - Russell is known to drive a Porsche 911 Carrera 4S, which has a starting price of £97,000. He is also a fan of classic cars and has been seen driving a vintage Volkswagen Beetle.
- Entertainment - Being a successful comedian, Russell Howard enjoys attending live shows and concerts. He has also bought several musical instruments, including a drum kit and a guitar.
Overall, Russell Howard seems to spend his money wisely, investing in valuable assets such as properties and supporting noble causes. However, he also allows himself to splurge on luxury travel and entertainment, which is well-deserved given his hard work and success.
Russell Howard's Early Career
Despite being born into a family of entertainers, Russell Howard had to work hard to establish himself as a comedian. He started performing stand-up comedy at the age of 19 and struggled to get gigs at first. However, his persistence paid off when he was spotted by a talent scout while performing at the Comedy Store in London.
The Russell Howard Show
One of the biggest highlights of Russell Howard's career is undoubtedly his own TV show. The Russell Howard Show, which aired on BBC Two, was a huge success and ran for 10 seasons. The show featured Howard's unique brand of comedy, his commentary on current events, and interviews with guests from the world of entertainment and politics.
Stand-Up Comedy Tours
In addition to his TV career, Russell Howard is also an accomplished stand-up comedian. He has toured extensively and performed in front of thousands of fans all over the world. His stand-up shows are known for their observational humor, witty one-liners, and social commentary. Howard's tours have been hugely popular, with many of them selling out in record time.
While Russell Howard is best known for his comedy, he is also an active supporter of various charities. He has worked with Comic Relief, the Teenage Cancer Trust, and the RSPCA, among others. Howard has participated in many charity events and initiatives, and often uses his platform to raise awareness and funds for important causes.
Favorite Quotes from Russell Howard
As one of the most renowned comedians in the world, Russell Howard has a unique way of making people laugh. Here are some of his most memorable quotes that are sure to put a smile on your face:
- "I'm not a religious man myself but I do believe in karma, and I think it's good karma to give people heart attacks."
- "I'm not a fan of the people who don't like dogs. They're usually the ones who don't like you either."
- "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
- "I'm a terrible hypochondriac, which is why I never watch medical shows, except for Embarrassing Bodies. That's just hilarious."
- "I think if aliens ever come to Earth, they're going to be so disappointed when they see the state of our bathrooms."
Russell Howard is known for his quick wit and sharp humor, and these quotes are just a small sample of the hilarity he brings to the stage. Whether you're a fan of his or not, it's hard not to appreciate his comedic genius.
Famous Lessons on Success from Russell Howard
Russell Howard's success in the entertainment industry did not happen overnight, but through years of hard work, dedication, and focus. Some of the key success lessons we can learn from Russell include:
- Never give up on your dreams: Russell Howard started his career by performing at small stand-up comedy venues. Despite setbacks and rejections, he continued to work on his craft and eventually became a successful comedian.
- Embrace your uniqueness: Russell Howard's comedy style is quirky, and he embraces his unique personality and point of view. By being true to himself, he has gained a loyal following of fans who appreciate his authenticity.
- Stay humble: Despite his success, Russell Howard remains humble and grounded. He attributes his success to hard work and the support of his fans and colleagues.
- Surround yourself with positive people: Russell Howard credits his success to his supportive family, friends, and colleagues. By surrounding himself with positive people, he has been able to maintain a positive mindset and stay focused on his goals.
- Take risks: Russell Howard has taken risks throughout his career, whether it be trying out a new comedy style or taking on a challenging role. By taking risks, he has been able to grow and evolve as an entertainer.
Through these success lessons, Russell Howard has shown that with hard work, dedication, and a positive mindset, anything is possible. By embracing your unique qualities and staying focused on your goals, you too can achieve success in your chosen field.
Surprising Facts About Russell Howard
Russell Howard is a comedian and actor who has made a name for himself in the entertainment industry. Here are some interesting facts about him that you might not know:
- He has a degree in economics. Despite his career in comedy, Russell Howard actually has a degree in economics from the University of West of England.
- He used to be a camp counselor. Before he became famous, Howard worked as a counselor at a children's summer camp in America. He has said that the experience taught him a lot about kids and comedy.
- He's an advocate for mental health. Russell Howard is a vocal advocate for mental health and has spoken publicly about his own struggles with anxiety and depression. He is also involved in a number of charities that support mental health awareness.
- He has a fear of heights. Despite performing in front of large crowds, Howard has a fear of heights. In fact, he once turned down the chance to bungee jump for a charity event because of it.
- He's a fan of heavy metal music. Howard is a big fan of heavy metal music and has even had some metal bands on his TV show as guests. He has also been known to attend metal festivals and concerts in his free time.
Overall, Russell Howard is a complex and fascinating individual who has achieved a lot in his career. Whether he's making people laugh or advocating for important causes, Howard always manages to do it with style and grace.
Russell Howard is an English comedian, writer, and TV presenter. He gained popularity for his comedic acts and is now a well-known personality in the entertainment industry. Howard was born in Bristol, England, in 1980, and started his career in comedy when he was just 19.
Howard is known for his satire, observational humor, and political commentary. He has made appearances on several TV shows and has hosted his own shows, including Russell Howard's Good News, which aired from 2009 to 2015 on BBC Three. Apart from comedy, Howard is also involved in various philanthropic activities and has raised funds for several charities.
Howard's net worth is estimated at around $9 million. He has made most of his wealth through his successful career in comedy and TV presenting. Howard has also authored a book, titled "Russell Howard's Big Book of News," which was released in 2011 and received positive reviews.
In conclusion, Russell Howard is a highly popular and successful comedian known for his unique brand of humor. He has made a significant impact in the entertainment industry and is regarded as one of the top comedians in the world today.
Goodbye 2020 - The Russell Howard Hour Full Compilation Episode
Goodbye 2020 - The Russell Howard Hour Full Compilation Episode by Russell Howard 2 years ago 43 minutes 525,922 views
What is Russell Howard's net worth?
Russell Howard's net worth is estimated to be around $9 million.
What TV shows has Russell Howard appeared on?
Russell Howard has appeared on a number of TV shows including Mock the Week, Russell Howard's Good News, The Russell Howard Hour, and The Great British Bake Off's Stand Up to Cancer celebrity special.
What is Russell Howard's background?
Russell Howard was born and raised in Bristol, England. His mother was a nurse and his father was a consultant in the NHS. Howard began performing stand-up comedy at the age of 19 while studying economics at the University of the West of England in Bristol.
What awards has Russell Howard won?
Russell Howard has won several awards for his work, including Best Compere at the 2006 Chortle Awards, and the Edinburgh Comedy Award for his show, Wonderbox, in 2014.