Chance The Rapper is one of the most influential and successful American rappers of his generation. Born in Chicago, Illinois, Chance quickly made a name for himself with his unique style, fearless attitude and unwavering commitment to his craft.
Over the years, Chance has created a loyal following of fans, who are drawn to his insightful lyrics, stunning performances and ability to create powerful social commentary through his music. Today, Chance is considered a pioneer of the modern hip-hop scene and is celebrated for his innovative approach to music-making.
If you're reading this, you may be wondering about Chance The Rapper's net worth and personal story. In this article, we'll delve into his inspiring biography, his rise to fame and his remarkable achievements. We'll also take a closer look at his estimated net worth, which is a popular topic among fans and followers of the artist.
Table: Chance The Rapper Biography
|Name:||Chance The Rapper|
|Net Worth:||According to Celebrity Net Worth, Chance The Rapper's net worth as of 2021 is approximately $25 million.|
|Age:||Chance The Rapper was born on April 16, 1993, which makes him 28 years old as of 2021.|
|Born:||Chance The Rapper was born in Chicago, Illinois, United States.|
|Gender:||Chance The Rapper identifies as male.|
|Height:||Chance The Rapper is 6 feet 0 inches (1.83 meters) tall.|
|Country of Origin:||Chance The Rapper is from the United States, specifically the city of Chicago in Illinois.|
|Source of Wealth:||Chance The Rapper's primary source of wealth is his music career, as well as his various entrepreneurial endeavors. He is also known for his philanthropic activities and donations to various non-profit organizations.|
Early Life and Education
Chance The Rapper, whose real name is Chancelor Johnathan Bennett, was born on April 16th, 1993 in Chicago, Illinois. He grew up in the middle-class neighborhood of West Chatham and attended Jones College Prep High School.
Career in Music
Chance began his music career in 2011 with the release of his first mixtape titled "10 Day". The mixtape was inspired by his suspension from high school for 10 days. In 2013, he released his second mixtape titled "Acid Rap" which gained him widespread recognition and critical acclaim. His third mixtape, "Coloring Book", was released in 2016 and became the first streaming-only album to ever receive a Grammy award.
Chance is also known for his extensive community involvement. In 2016, he donated $1 million to Chicago Public Schools and has since continued to work with the school system in various ways. He has also founded his own nonprofit organization called SocialWorks which aims to empower the youth through the arts, education, and civic engagement.
As of 2021, Chance The Rapper's net worth is estimated to be around $33 million. Most of his wealth comes from his successful music career and various entrepreneurial ventures.
Chance has been married to Kirsten Corley since 2019 and they have two daughters together. He has been open about his struggles with anxiety and mental health and has been an advocate for mental health awareness.
Chance The Rapper was born on April 16, 1993, in Chicago. His birth name is Chancellor Johnathan Bennett. He grew up in the West Chatham neighborhood on Chicago's South Side, and his family was a known member of the city's community.
At a young age, Chance's father became a deputy chief of staff to former Chicago mayor, Harold Washington. His father's involvement in politics sparked Chance's interest in social activism, and he began to express his views through his music.
Chance attended Jones College Prep High School before transferring to D.Y.E. High School, where he recorded his first mixtape, 10 Day. The mixtape gained attention from local hip-hop blogs and ultimately caught the attention of music industry insiders.
- Fun Fact: Chance originally went by the name "Chano" but later transitioned to "Chance The Rapper."
Chance's childhood was filled with music, and he began performing as a child with his cousin's band. He cites Kanye West, Jay-Z, and Outkast as his biggest musical influences.
Chance The Rapper began his music career by performing in open mics and uploading his music to the internet. He gained popularity with his mixtapes, including "10 Day" and "Acid Rap."
He eventually caught the attention of Kanye West, who praised his music and featured him on his album "The Life of Pablo." Chance released his third mixtape, "Coloring Book," in 2016, which won him three Grammy Awards, including Best Rap Album.
Aside from his music career, Chance has also made a name for himself as an activist and philanthropist in his hometown of Chicago. He created the SocialWorks nonprofit organization, which aims to empower youth through the arts, education, and civic engagement.
Additionally, Chance has made several television appearances, including hosting and performing on "Saturday Night Live." He has also acted in films like "Slice" and "The Lion King" remake.
- 2011 - Released debut mixtape, "10 Day"
- 2013 - Released second mixtape, "Acid Rap"
- 2016 - Released third mixtape, "Coloring Book" and won three Grammy Awards
- 2019 - Starred in film "Slice" and acted in "The Lion King" remake
How Chance The Rapper Spends His Money
With an estimated net worth of $33 million, Chance The Rapper has a lot of disposable income. He is known for his philanthropy, with a large portion of his fortune going toward charitable causes.
Chance The Rapper is also known for his love of fashion, often wearing bold and colorful outfits on stage and in public. He has been known to splurge on designer clothes and accessories.
In addition, Chance The Rapper is a family man. He has a daughter and often spends money on activities and items for her. He has also been known to donate money to organizations that benefit children.
Travel is another area where Chance The Rapper spends his money. He has performed all over the world and often travels to exotic locations for vacation.
Finally, Chance The Rapper is a big fan of technology and often invests his money in startups and tech companies.
- Charitable causes - Chance donates a large portion of his fortune to organizations that benefit children and support social justice.
- Fashion - Chance is known for his unique sense of style and often splurges on designer clothes and accessories.
- Family - Chance spends money on activities and items for his daughter and donates to organizations that benefit children.
- Travel - Chance loves to travel and performs all over the world.
- Technology - Chance invests his money in startups and tech companies.
Overall, Chance The Rapper is a savvy investor and generous philanthropist who spends his money on causes and activities that are important to him.
1. Chance The Rapper's Early Life and Career
Chance The Rapper was born in Chicago, Illinois, in 1993. He grew up in a middle-class family and attended Jones College Prep High School. During his early teens, Chance began performing in local talent shows and open mic nights. At the age of 16, he released his debut mixtape "10 Day," which gained a lot of popularity among rap fans in Chicago.
2. Path to Success
Chance's second mixtape "Acid Rap" was a critical and commercial success, which helped him gain attention from major record labels. He turned down several offers and decided to remain an independent artist. In 2016, Chance dropped his third mixtape "Coloring Book" exclusively on Apple Music and was the first streaming-only album to win a Grammy.
3. Philanthropy and Activism
Chance The Rapper is known for his charitable contributions to his hometown of Chicago. In 2016, he donated $1 million to the Chicago Public School Foundation. In addition to his philanthropic efforts, Chance is also actively engaged in political activism and often uses his platform to raise awareness about social issues such as gun violence and police brutality.
|Career Start||Debut mixtape "10 Day"|
|Major Success||Third mixtape "Coloring Book" wins Grammy Award|
|Philanthropy||$1 million donation to the Chicago Public School Foundation|
|Activism||Raising awareness about social issues|
Favorite Quotes from Chance The Rapper
Chance The Rapper is known for his thoughtful and inspirational lyrics that resonate with his fans. Below are some of his most memorable quotes:
- "I speak to God in public." This quote from "Blessings" emphasizes Chance's faith and his willingness to share it with the world.
- "Everybody's somebody's everything." From "Same Drugs," this quote highlights Chance's message of inclusivity and the importance of treating everyone with respect.
- "They not ready for me, I'm a lion." This quote from "No Problem" shows Chance's confidence and determination to succeed in the music industry.
- "I don't make songs for free, I make them for freedom." From "Blessings," this quote showcases Chance's commitment to using his music as a tool for social change.
- "I don't believe in science, I believe in signs." This quote from "Angels" speaks to Chance's spiritual beliefs and his appreciation for the signs and symbols that guide him in life.
These quotes are just a few examples of Chance The Rapper's powerful and poignant lyrics. They demonstrate his unique perspective and his ability to connect with his listeners on a deep and personal level.
Success Lessons to Learn from Chance The Rapper
1. Follow your passionChance The Rapper is a prime example of someone who followed his passion and achieved success. He started rapping when he was in high school and never looked back. He pursued his dreams with unwavering determination and emerged as one of the most successful artists of our time. The lesson here? Follow your passion and don't let anyone tell you that you can't achieve your dreams.
2. Be authenticOne of the things that sets Chance The Rapper apart from other artists is his authenticity. He doesn't try to be someone he's not, and his fans appreciate that. In a world where so many people are trying to fit in and be like everyone else, being authentic can help you stand out from the crowd.
3. Give back to your communityChance The Rapper is known for his philanthropic work. He has donated millions of dollars to his hometown of Chicago and other causes close to his heart. Giving back to your community not only helps those in need, but it can also give you a sense of purpose and fulfillment.
4. Collaborate with othersChance The Rapper has collaborated with many other artists over the years, including Kanye West and Justin Bieber. Collaborating with others can help you expand your network, learn new skills, and create something truly unique.
5. Stay true to yourselfThroughout his career, Chance The Rapper has stayed true to himself. He's never compromised his values or changed who he is to fit in with the mainstream. Staying true to yourself can be challenging, but it's essential if you want to achieve true success and happiness.
What Are Some Interesting Facts About OR Surprising Facts About Chance The Rapper
1. A self-proclaimed Christian rapper: Chance The Rapper is known for his religious background and has often spoken about his faith in his music. He has also been involved in various charitable and social causes.
2. An independent artist: Chance The Rapper has never been signed by a major record label and has released all his music independently. He has also been a strong advocate for independent artists and has spoken about their struggles in the music industry.
3. A Grammy Award winner: Chance The Rapper won three Grammy Awards in 2017 for his album "Coloring Book," including Best New Artist, Best Rap Performance, and Best Rap Album. He was the first independent artist to win a Grammy for a streaming-only album.
4. A political activist: Chance The Rapper has been vocal about his political views and has actively supported political campaigns. He has also spoken out against police brutality and racism in the United States.
5. A family man: Chance The Rapper is a loving father to his daughter Kensli, who was born in 2015. He has often mentioned her in his music and has even dedicated a song to her.
6. A fashion icon: Chance The Rapper is known for his unique fashion sense and has often been seen wearing bold and colorful outfits. He has even collaborated with brands like Nike and H&M to release his own fashion lines.
7. A philanthropist: Chance The Rapper has donated millions of dollars to various charitable causes, including education, healthcare, and social justice. He has also started his own non-profit organization, SocialWorks, which focuses on arts, education, and civic engagement.
Chance The Rapper is a successful American rapper, singer, and songwriter with a net worth of over $33 million. He is known for his unique style that blends hip-hop with elements of gospel music, and his socially conscious lyrics that address issues such as gun violence and racial inequality.
Born in Chicago in 1993, Chance began his music career by releasing mixtapes independently on the internet, which gained him a dedicated fan base. His breakthrough came with the release of his third mixtape, "Coloring Book," which earned him several Grammy nominations and critical acclaim.
Besides his music career, Chance is also known for his philanthropic work and activism. He has donated millions of dollars to various causes and launched several initiatives to help the youth in his hometown of Chicago.
Overall, Chance The Rapper has built a successful career that spans beyond music, and he continues to inspire and influence both in the music industry and in society as a whole.
Chance the Rapper Marries Longtime Girlfriend Kirsten Corley | E! News
Chance the Rapper Marries Longtime Girlfriend Kirsten Corley | E! News by E! News 4 years ago 1 minute, 20 seconds 32,087 views
What is Chance The Rapper's net worth?
As of 2021, Chance The Rapper's net worth is estimated to be around $25 million. He has earned his fortune through his successful music career, as well as through brand endorsements and investments.
How did Chance The Rapper get his start in music?
Chance The Rapper began pursuing music in high school, where he formed a group called Instrumentality with his friend, J-Emcee. He released his debut mixtape, 10 Day, in 2012, which gained him recognition in the Chicago hip-hop scene. He went on to release his critically acclaimed mixtape, Acid Rap, in 2013, and has since become a Grammy-winning artist with a dedicated fan base.
What are some of Chance The Rapper's notable achievements?
Chance The Rapper has had many notable achievements throughout his career, including winning three Grammy Awards for Best Rap Performance, Best Rap Album, and Best New Artist. He also became the first unsigned artist to perform on Saturday Night Live in 2015 and was included on Forbes' 30 Under 30 list in 2016. In addition to his music success, Chance The Rapper is also known for his philanthropic work in his hometown of Chicago.
What is Chance The Rapper's personal life like?
Chance The Rapper is a private person when it comes to his personal life, but he has been open about his upbringing and family. He was raised in Chicago's West Chatham neighborhood and comes from a family of activists and politicians. Chance The Rapper has a daughter with his longtime girlfriend, Kirsten Corley, whom he married in 2019. He is also known for his Christian faith and has incorporated it into his music.