Jimmy Kimmel is a well-known American comedian, talk show host, and producer. Throughout his successful career, he has become an icon in the entertainment industry, winning acclaim for his humorous wit and relatable personality. From his early days as a radio personality to his current role as the host of Jimmy Kimmel Live!, Kimmel has enchanted audiences and captured hearts across the globe.
As one of the most beloved figures in entertainment, Jimmy Kimmel has amassed a considerable net worth over the years. But, how did he get to where he is now? What obstacles did he face along the way, and what inspired him to pursue a career in comedy? In this article, we will explore the life and fortune of Jimmy Kimmel, taking a deep dive into his personal and professional background to understand how he became the household name he is today.
From his humble beginnings in Brooklyn to his long-standing career in Hollywood, Jimmy Kimmel is a true testament to the power of perseverance, hard work, and determination. So, without further ado, let's delve into the life and times of this iconic entertainer, and gain a newfound appreciation for the man behind the laughter.
Jimmy Kimmel: Net Worth, Age, Born, Gender, Height, Country of Origin, Source of Wealth
Below is a table showing some important information about Jimmy Kimmel:
|Net Worth||Jimmy Kimmel's estimated net worth is $50 million|
|Age||Jimmy Kimmel was born on November 13, 1967, making him 53 years old|
|Born||Jimmy Kimmel was born in Brooklyn, New York, USA|
|Gender||Jimmy Kimmel is male|
|Height||Jimmy Kimmel is 6 feet tall|
|Country of Origin||Jimmy Kimmel is from the United States of America|
|Source of Wealth||Jimmy Kimmel's primary source of wealth is his career as a television host and comedian|
Jimmy Kimmel is best known for hosting the late-night talk show "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" which premiered in 2003. He has also hosted a number of other television shows and events, including the Academy Awards. Kimmel has been a fixture in the entertainment industry for over 25 years and continues to be a popular and influential figure in the industry today.
Learn some interesting details about Jimmy Kimmel, the late-night talk show host with a net worth of over $45 million.
- Early Career: Kimmel started his career in radio before moving to television.
- TV Show: Jimmy Kimmel Live! is his current late-night talk show, which has been on the air for over 17 years.
- Famous Segments: Kimmel is known for his popular segments, including Mean Tweets, Lie Witness News, and I Told My Kids I Ate All Their Halloween Candy.
- Emmy Awards: Kimmel has been nominated for numerous Emmy Awards throughout his career, and has won two for Jimmy Kimmel Live! in the Outstanding Variety Talk Series category.
- Personal Life: Kimmel is married to Molly McNearney and they have two children together. He is also a passionate advocate for healthcare reform, thanks to his son's medical condition.
- Net Worth: With a reported net worth of over $45 million, Kimmel is one of the highest-paid late-night hosts on television.
Jimmy Kimmel Net Worth, Bio
James Christian Kimmel was born on November 13, 1967, in Brooklyn, New York. He grew up in the Mill Basin neighborhood and was the eldest of three children. His father, James Kimmel, was an IBM executive, and his mother, Joan, was a homemaker.
As a child, Kimmel was an avid reader and loved to write. He attended the Ed W. Clark High School in Las Vegas, where he worked as a radio host at a local community station. He later went on to attend the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, but dropped out after two years to pursue a career in radio.
In 1989, Kimmel landed his first paying job in radio as the co-host of The Me and Him Show on KZOK-FM in Seattle. He then moved to Palm Springs, California, where he hosted a morning show on KCMJ-FM.
Kimmel's big break came in 1997 when he was hired as the co-host of Win Ben Stein's Money on Comedy Central. The show became a huge success, and Kimmel won a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Game Show Host in 1999.
Overall, Kimmel's early life was defined by his love of writing and performing, which ultimately led him to pursue a career in radio and television.
Jimmy Kimmel's career began in radio in the 1980s, where he hosted a number of shows in Arizona and California. He later made the transition to television, working as the co-host of "Win Ben Stein's Money" on Comedy Central. The show was a hit and won Kimmel a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Game Show Host in 1999.
In 2003, Jimmy Kimmel began hosting his own late-night talk show, "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" on ABC. The show has become a staple of the late-night TV landscape and has been nominated for numerous Emmy Awards over the years. Kimmel is known for his irreverent humor and his ability to attract big-name guests to his show.
In addition to his work on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!", Kimmel has also hosted a number of high-profile events, including the Academy Awards in 2017 and 2018. He has also made guest appearances on a variety of TV shows, including "The Simpsons", "30 Rock", and "Entourage".
Off-camera, Kimmel has also become known for his philanthropic work. He has supported a number of charities over the years, including the AIDS Healthcare Foundation and Children's Hospital Los Angeles. In 2018, he was honored with the "Voice of Children" award from the hospital in recognition of his contributions.
How Jimmy Kimmel Spends His Wealth
Charity WorkJimmy Kimmel is known for his charitable contributions and spends a significant amount of his wealth on supporting causes close to his heart. He has been actively involved with charitable organizations such as UNICEF, and St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, among others. He has also organized and participated in various benefit events and fundraisers.
Real Estate InvestmentsApart from his primary residence in Los Angeles, Jimmy Kimmel owns several properties across the country, including a luxurious beachfront property in Hermosa Beach. He has also invested in real estate projects, including a renovation of a historic home in Brooklyn, which he later sold for a significant profit.
Travel and ExperiencesJimmy Kimmel enjoys traveling and experiencing new things. He has mentioned on several occasions that he prefers to spend his wealth on experiences rather than material things. He has traveled to exotic destinations worldwide and has also indulged in various adventure sports, including skydiving and rally car racing.
Cars and GadgetsJimmy Kimmel is a car enthusiast and has a passion for classic cars. He has a collection of vintage cars that includes a 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air and a 1967 Ford Mustang. He also spends money on gadgets and technology, including the latest smartphones and other electronic devices.
InvestmentsJimmy Kimmel is a savvy investor and has invested in various ventures, including a software startup, a comedy club, and a wine brand. He has also invested in the stock market and other financial instruments, which has helped him grow his wealth over time.
ConclusionJimmy Kimmel spends his wealth on a wide range of interests and passions, ranging from charitable causes to real estate investments, travel, cars, gadgets, and investments. He is known not only for his comedic talent but also for his philanthropic efforts, which has helped him make a difference in the lives of others.
Jimmy Kimmel's net worth of $45 million showcases his success as a television host, writer, and producer. His career began in radio broadcasting and comedy writing in the 1990s before transitioning to television. Kimmel has hosted his own late-night talk show, "Jimmy Kimmel Live!", for nearly two decades and has won multiple Emmy awards for his work.
Trending Internet Moments
Kimmel's show has become known for creating popular internet moments such as the annual "I Told My Kids I Ate All Their Halloween Candy" prank and the "Mean Tweets" segment where celebrities read mean tweets about themselves. These segments have gone viral and helped Kimmel's show maintain its relevance in the digital age.
Kimmel has used his success to give back to his community through philanthropy. He has supported causes such as AIDS research and children's hospitals. Additionally, Kimmel has used his platform to speak out on political issues, advocating for healthcare reform and gun control.
Kimmel was born in Brooklyn, New York and has been married twice. He has four children and has discussed his experiences with fatherhood on his show. Kimmel is also an avid sports fan and has hosted "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" from major events such as the Super Bowl and NBA Finals.
Favorite Quotes from Jimmy Kimmel
- "You're not famous until my mother has heard of you."
- "When you have kids, you just love them. It's similar to when you're in love with someone. You just constantly think about them."
- "Funny does not equal money. If it did, every comedian you ever heard of would be rich."
- "I think we like to be shocked in America. We like to hear people say things that we wish we could say."
Some additional quips from the comedian:
- "I think every band is a little schizophrenic. You know, good, evil, happy, sad."
- "I have a rule on my show that there's no such thing as a stupid question. Except for Jeff Sessions' 'Can I go to the bathroom?'"
- "I need to have a talk with my parents about what I might inherit from them. I want to know things like 'Are we wealthy?' and 'What's with all the Bible verses?'"
|Jimmy Kimmel on Love:||Jimmy Kimmel on Politics:|
|"Love is patient, love is kind, it doesn't envy, it doesn't boast, it isn't proud, it isn't rude, it isn't self-seeking, it isn't easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love doesn't delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."||"Every president, if you watch what they look like when they come into office, you can see their hair turn white because it's such a hard job."|
Key Lessons for Achieving Success from Jimmy Kimmel
Learn from your failuresJimmy Kimmel has had his fair share of failures and setbacks in his career. However, he has always bounced back stronger and more determined. He believes that failures help us learn and grow as individuals. Rather than dwelling on the negative, we should learn from our mistakes and move forward.
Hard work and persistence pay off
Jimmy Kimmel didn't become successful overnight. He worked hard for years, building his skills and gaining experience before he finally got his big break. He believes that success is not something that can be achieved overnight, but rather it's the result of hard work and persistence over an extended period of time.
Take risksJimmy Kimmel has never shied away from taking risks when it comes to his career. Whether it's trying out new ideas on his show or taking on a controversial topic, he has always been willing to take chances. He believes that taking risks is essential for achieving success and that we should never be afraid to step out of our comfort zones.
Stay true to yourselfDespite his immense fame and success, Jimmy Kimmel remains grounded and true to himself. He's never compromised his values or beliefs for the sake of his career and continues to speak his mind on issues that are important to him. He believes that staying true to oneself is critical for achieving success and happiness in life.
Surround yourself with the right peopleJimmy Kimmel attributes much of his success to the people he surrounds himself with. He's worked with a team of talented and passionate individuals who've supported him from the beginning. He believes that the people we surround ourselves with can have a significant impact on our success and that we should choose our friends and colleagues carefully.
Interesting and Surprising Facts About Jimmy Kimmel
Jimmy Kimmel is not just a late-night talk show host, he is a man with many talents and interesting facts about his life. Here are just a few of them:
- Hollywood Walk of Fame Star: In 2013, Jimmy was awarded a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for his contributions to television.
- Highest-Paid TV Host: In 2018, Jimmy was named the highest-paid television host, bringing in a whopping $15 million a year.
- Comedy Roots: Jimmy started his career as a radio host and then moved on to work in television on shows like Win Ben Stein's Money and The Man Show, which he co-created and co-hosted.
- Emmy Awards: Jimmy has hosted the Emmy Awards twice and has been nominated for 21 Emmy Awards himself.
- Longest Running Late-Night Talk Show Host: With over 18 years as the host of Jimmy Kimmel Live!, Jimmy is currently the longest-running late-night talk show host on ABC.
- Political Activism: Jimmy has become known for using his platform to speak out on political issues, such as healthcare reform and gun control.
- Celebrity Prankster: Jimmy loves to play pranks on his celebrity friends, including the infamous "I Told My Kids I Ate All Their Halloween Candy" prank and the more recent "Worst Twerk Fail EVER – Girl Catches Fire" prank.
Jimmy Kimmel is a beloved figure in the entertainment industry for his comedic talents and outspoken nature. As he continues to entertain audiences on his late-night talk show, we look forward to seeing what interesting and surprising facts we will learn about him in the future.
Jimmy Kimmel is an American television host, comedian, and producer known for his quick wit and irreverent humor. He began his career as a radio host before achieving nationwide fame as the host of the late-night talk shows, Jimmy Kimmel Live! and The Man Show.
In addition to his hosting duties, Kimmel has served as a producer for a number of television shows and has appeared in several films, including Ted 2 and Project X. He has also won a number of awards for his work, including several Primetime Emmy Awards and a Hollywood Walk of Fame star.
Despite his success, Kimmel has remained down-to-earth and passionate about his work. He is known for his sharp political satire and his ability to connect with audiences of all ages and backgrounds. He has also used his platform to raise awareness about important social issues, such as healthcare reform and gun control.
- Kimmel's estimated net worth is around $50 million, making him one of the richest personalities in the entertainment industry.
- He is married to Molly McNearney, a writer and producer for Jimmy Kimmel Live!, and the couple has two children together.
- Despite his success on television, Kimmel has experienced his share of personal struggles, including a heart condition and the recent diagnosis of his son with a rare genetic condition. He has used these experiences to help raise awareness about healthcare reform and the high cost of medical treatment in the United States.
Overall, Jimmy Kimmel is a talented and influential figure in the entertainment industry who has used his platform to entertain, educate, and inspire audiences around the world.
Julia Roberts Came to Collect Money from Guillermo
Julia Roberts Came to Collect Money from Guillermo by Jimmy Kimmel Live 4 years ago 2 minutes, 1 second 1,153,707 views
What is Jimmy Kimmel's net worth?
According to Celebrity Net Worth, Jimmy Kimmel's net worth is $50 million.
How did Jimmy Kimmel become famous?
Jimmy Kimmel became famous as the co-host of the Comedy Central game show "Win Ben Stein's Money" in the late 1990s. He then went on to host his own talk shows, such as "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" and gained further popularity through comedy skits, celebrity interviews, and political commentary.
What is Jimmy Kimmel's background?
Jimmy Kimmel was born on November 13, 1967 in Brooklyn, New York. He grew up in Las Vegas and started his career in radio before transitioning to television. He has also worked as a writer and producer for various shows.
What is Jimmy Kimmel's personal life like?
Jimmy Kimmel has been married twice and has four children. He is known for his philanthropic work, particularly in support of health care and children's charities. He is also an avid sports fan and has a love for cooking.