Chris Cuomo is a well-known journalist, television host, and attorney in the United States. He has made a name for himself in the media industry with his bold opinions and extensive coverage of current events. Born in Queens, New York, Cuomo comes from a lineage of politicians. His father, Mario Cuomo, was the former Governor of New York, and his brother, Andrew Cuomo, currently serves as the state's governor.
Cuomo graduated from Yale University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Philosophy. He went on to earn his Juris Doctor degree from Fordham University School of Law. After a brief stint as a corporate attorney, Cuomo began his career in journalism as a correspondent for Fox News. He later joined ABC News and served as an anchor for the flagship morning program, Good Morning America.
Currently, Cuomo is a prime-time anchor for CNN, where he hosts his eponymous show, Cuomo Prime Time. He has been with the network since 2013 and has covered major global events such as the COVID-19 pandemic, the ongoing political landscape, and the Black Lives Matter movement.
Aside from his work in journalism, Cuomo is also a bestselling author, with his book, "Deep Denial: The Persistence of White Supremacy in United States History and Life," receiving critical acclaim. In this article, we will take a closer look at Cuomo's net worth and biography, including his career advancements and personal life.
Chris Cuomo Net Worth and Biography Details
Chris Cuomo is a well-known television journalist and anchor who works for CNN. His net worth, age, birthplace, gender, height, country of origin, and source of wealth are the main points of interest for his fans and followers. Here we present a table that covers all these details about Chris Cuomo:
|Net Worth||$12 million (estimated)|
|Age||51 years (as of 2021)|
|Born||August 9, 1970|
|Height||6 feet 2 inches (1.88 m)|
|Country of Origin||United States|
|Source of Wealth||Journalism and television anchoring|
Chris Cuomo is one of the top journalists in the United States, who has made a remarkable contribution to the field of broadcasting. He has served in various news organizations and platforms during his career, including ABC News, ABC Radio, and CNN. He is widely known for his news analysis, coverage of major events, and interviews with notable personalities. His net worth is estimated to be around $12 million, primarily accumulated from his career in journalism and television anchoring.
Chris Cuomo is an American journalist born in 1970 in Queens, New York. He is the son of the late Governor of New York, Mario Cuomo, and the brother of current Governor of New York, Andrew Cuomo. Chris Cuomo attended Fordham University and obtained a Juris Doctor degree from Albany Law School.
Chris Cuomo's career in journalism began with his job as a political analyst for Fox News Channel, followed by multiple reporting positions at new organizations such as CNBC, MSNBC, and ABC News. In 2013, Cuomo joined CNN as the co-anchor of the morning news program "New Day."
As of 2021, Chris Cuomo's net worth is estimated to be around $12 million. This net worth can be attributed to his successful career in journalism, as well as his lucrative contracts with various news organizations over the years.
Awards and Honors
- Emmy Award for breaking news coverage of the 1997 Worldwide Markets Crash
- Polk Award for his coverage of the Haiti earthquake in 2010
- Edward R. Murrow award for breaking news coverage
- Peabody Award for coverage of Hurricane Katrina in 2005
Chris Cuomo has been involved in various philanthropic efforts. He has served on the board of Help USA, an organization that provides shelter and services to homeless families and individuals. Cuomo has also been a supporter of the Special Olympics and has taken part in their events over the years.
|Good Morning America||2006-2009||News anchor|
Chris Cuomo was born on August 9, 1970, in New York City. He grew up in Queens, where he spent most of his childhood with his family.
Chris Cuomo's father, Mario Cuomo, was a well-known politician who served as the Governor of New York from 1983 to 1994. His mother, Matilda Cuomo, worked as an advocate for women and children's health.
Chris Cuomo attended The Albany Academy, a private school in Albany, New York, where he played football and was a member of the school newspaper. After completing high school, he went on to attend Yale University, where he studied political science.
During his time at Yale, Chris Cuomo played on the varsity football team and was also a member of the Delta Kappa Epsilon fraternity. After graduating in 1992, he went on to attend Fordham University Law School, where he received his Juris Doctor in 1995.
Chris Cuomo began his journalism career as a correspondent for Fox News Channel in 1998. He then moved on to anchor ABC News' "Good Morning America," where he covered breaking news events such as the September 11 attacks and the Iraq War.
In 2006, Cuomo joined the team at "20/20" as a co-anchor and went on to win a Polk and Peabody award for his coverage of Hurricane Katrina. He also served as the news anchor for "Good Morning America Weekend" before joining CNN in 2013.
At CNN, Cuomo began as the co-host of the morning show "New Day" before moving on to anchor his own prime-time show, "Cuomo Prime Time." He has covered major events including the mass shooting at Orlando's Pulse nightclub and the 2016 presidential election.
Cuomo is known for his hard-hitting interviews and investigative reporting, and has earned multiple awards and nominations throughout his career in journalism.
How Chris Cuomo Spends His Money
As a well-known journalist, television personality, and author, Chris Cuomo has amassed a significant net worth estimated to be in the millions. So, how does he choose to spend his money?
- Real Estate: One of Chris Cuomo's main expenditures is his properties. He owns several homes, including a luxurious apartment in Manhattan, where he resides with his family.
- Travel: Being a journalist and television personality, Cuomo often travels for work. He also enjoys traveling for leisure and has been spotted vacationing in destinations such as Italy, where his family has roots.
- Philanthropy: Cuomo is known for his philanthropic efforts and has been involved with several organizations over the years. He is a strong supporter of the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation and has also been involved with the Organization for Autism Research.
- Health and Fitness: Cuomo is a fitness enthusiast and dedicates a significant amount of his money to his health. He is known to work with personal trainers and invests in equipment like Peloton bikes.
- Fashion: Cuomo is also known for his style and is often seen dressed in designer clothes. He has been featured in magazines for his impeccable fashion sense, which could be another area where he spends his money.
Overall, Chris Cuomo spends his money on a mix of practical and leisurely expenses, with a focus on investing in his health and supporting causes that are important to him.
Accomplished Career in Journalism
Chris Cuomo is an accomplished journalist with a career spanning over two decades.
- He worked as a correspondent for ABC News for more than a decade.
- Cuomo anchored several popular shows on CNN, including "New Day" and "Cuomo Prime Time".
- He has covered a wide range of stories, including natural disasters, political events, and breaking news.
Influential Media Personality
Chris Cuomo is known for his strong opinions and unwavering commitment to journalism.
- He is widely regarded as one of the most influential media personalities in the industry.
- Cuomo's interviews with political figures have become must-see television, as he is known for being tough and unrelenting during his questioning.
Famous Family Background
Chris Cuomo comes from a family that is well-known in politics and media.
- His father, Mario Cuomo, was a three-term governor of New York.
- His brother, Andrew Cuomo, is currently the governor of New York.
- Cuomo's sister, Maria Cuomo Cole, is a film producer and philanthropist.
In addition to his work in journalism, Chris Cuomo is also a successful author.
- He has written two books, "The Case for Equality" and "Deep Denial".
- Both books received critical acclaim and praise for their insightful analysis and thought-provoking arguments.
Favorite Quotes from Chris Cuomo
The Importance of Taking Risks
"If you don't do things that scare you, nothing will change."
Chris Cuomo believes that taking risks is essential to personal and professional growth. He encourages people to step out of their comfort zones and try new things, even if it means facing their fears. Cuomo himself has taken risks throughout his career, leaving a stable job at ABC News to join CNN, where he now serves as the host of "Cuomo Prime Time."
The Power of Forgiveness
"Forgiveness is the ultimate form of strength."
Chris Cuomo believes that forgiveness is a powerful tool for personal growth and healing. He encourages people to let go of grudges and resentment in order to move forward and find peace. Cuomo has applied this philosophy in his own life, often speaking about the need for civility and respect in political discourse.
The Importance of Honesty
"Honesty is the foundation of trust and respect."
Chris Cuomo believes that honesty is essential to any strong relationship, whether it's between friends, family members, or colleagues. He encourages people to be truthful and transparent in their interactions with others, even if it means having difficult conversations. Cuomo has built a reputation as a journalist who values honesty and accuracy in his reporting, often challenging guests on his show to be truthful and straightforward.
Famous Success Lessons from Chris Cuomo
Embrace Hard Work and Persistence
One key lesson to learn from Chris Cuomo's success is the importance of embracing hard work and persistence. Cuomo has worked hard to achieve success in his career and has never given up in the face of challenges.
Stay Focused and Determined
Another lesson to learn from Cuomo is the importance of staying focused and determined. Despite facing criticism and challenges, he has remained focused on achieving his goals and never lost sight of what he wanted to accomplish.
Find a Mentor and Learn from Them
Cuomo has said that he learned a lot from his mentors and that they were instrumental in helping him achieve success in his career. Finding a mentor and learning from them can be a great way to gain valuable insights and guidance, and help you achieve your goals.
Don't Be Afraid to Take Risks
Cuomo has taken risks throughout his career, including leaving a stable job at ABC News to join CNN. While taking risks can be scary, it can also be a great way to grow and achieve success.
Keep Learning and Growing
Finally, Chris Cuomo's success is a testament to the importance of continuing to learn and grow throughout your career. Whether it's through formal education or on-the-job training, there is always something new to learn and ways to improve your skills and knowledge.
Interesting and Surprising Facts About Chris Cuomo
1. Legal Career Before Switching to Journalism: Before pursuing a career in journalism, Chris Cuomo practiced law as a licensed attorney in New York City. He worked as a corporate defense lawyer for several years before making the switch to broadcast journalism.
2. He is Part of a Well-Known Political Family: Chris Cuomo comes from a notable political family in America. His father, Mario Cuomo, served as the Governor of New York for three terms, and his brother, Andrew Cuomo, is currently serving as the Governor of New York.
3. He is an Award-Winning Journalist: Chris Cuomo has won numerous awards for his work in broadcast journalism. In 2017, he was awarded a News and Documentary Emmy award for Outstanding Breaking News Coverage for his reporting on the Ebola crisis in West Africa.
4. He Hosts a Popular Television Show: Chris Cuomo is the anchor of the CNN show 'Cuomo Prime Time', which airs weeknights at 9 pm Eastern Time. The show covers breaking news, political commentary, and features interviews with notable public figures.
5. He is a Fitness Enthusiast: Along with his professional pursuits, Chris Cuomo is also an avid fitness enthusiast. He has been known to participate in endurance events like triathlons and has also worked as a personal trainer in the past.
6. He is Multilingual: Chris Cuomo is known to be fluent in several languages apart from English, including Italian and Spanish. He has used his linguistic skills for his interviews with non-English speaking guests in the past.
|Full Name:||Christopher Charles Cuomo|
|Birthday:||August 9, 1970|
|Education:||Yale University, Fordham University School of Law|
|Net Worth:||$9 million|
Chris Cuomo is a popular American television journalist who has an estimated net worth of approximately $12 million. Cuomo is well-known for his work as an anchor on CNN's prime time news show, "Cuomo Prime Time".
Chris Cuomo was born on August 9, 1970, in New York City. He graduated from Yale University with a degree in political science and later earned a law degree from Fordham University. After practicing law for several years, Cuomo began his journalism career as a correspondent for Fox News in 1996. He later went on to work for ABC News and, in 2013, CNN.
Cuomo has received numerous awards and accolades throughout his career, including several Emmy Awards for his coverage of breaking news and headline stories. He is also a member of the Board of Directors for the Foundation for Ethnic Understanding, an organization that promotes understanding and cooperation between different ethnic and religious communities.
Aside from his work as a journalist, Cuomo is also known for his love of fitness and is an avid cyclist and weightlifter. He is married with three children and his brother, Andrew Cuomo, is the Governor of New York.
The great debate: Should CNN have given Trump a town hall? | CUOMO
The great debate: Should CNN have given Trump a town hall? | CUOMO by NewsNation 6 days ago 5 minutes, 18 seconds 13,599 views
What is Chris Cuomo's net worth?
As of 2021, Chris Cuomo's net worth is estimated to be around $12 million.
What is the educational background of Chris Cuomo?
Chris Cuomo attended Yale University and received a law degree from Fordham University. He also studied journalism at the University of Missouri.
What are some notable career achievements of Chris Cuomo?
Chris Cuomo has won several awards throughout his career, including a Polk and Peabody award for his coverage of Hurricane Katrina and an Emmy for his coverage of breaking news. He has also worked for major news networks such as ABC, CNN, and Fox News.
What is the personal life of Chris Cuomo like?
Chris Cuomo has been married to Cristina Greeven Cuomo since 2001 and they have three children together. He is also the younger brother of current New York Governor Andrew Cuomo and the son of former New York Governor Mario Cuomo.