Andrew Whitworth is a name that rings a bell to every American football fan out there. This seasoned athlete has been in the game since his college days, and his talent and discipline have earned him the respect and admiration of his fellow players and fans alike. It's no wonder that his name pops up in any conversation about the most accomplished NFL players in history.
But aside from his victories on the field, what do we know about Andrew Whitworth? What is his background and personal life like? And most importantly, what is his net worth?
In this article, we'll delve into the life and career of Andrew Whitworth. From his humble beginnings to his notable achievements and struggles, we'll be shedding a light on the man behind the jersey. We'll also be taking a close look at his finances, including his annual income, salary, endorsements, and investments, to get a sense of his net worth. So, without further ado, let's get started!
Andrew Whitworth: Net Worth and Bio
Table of Andrew Whitworth's Information
|Net Worth:||$15 million|
|Age:||39 years old|
|Born:||Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA|
|Height:||6 feet 7 inches (201 cm)|
|Country of Origin:||United States|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional football (NFL)|
Occupation: Professional NFL Player
Team: Los Angeles Rams
Position: Offensive Tackle
Date of Birth: December 12, 1981
Place of Birth: Monroe, Louisiana
College: Louisiana State University
Draft: 2nd round (55th overall) of the 2006 NFL Draft by the Cincinnati Bengals
Current Net Worth: $50 million
Annual Salary: $12.5 million
Endorsement Deals: Under Armour, MusclePharm, Cintas, and Bose
- 3x Pro Bowl: 2013, 2015, 2016
- First-team All-Pro: 2017
- Second-team All-Pro: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Ed Block Courage Award: 2012
- Bart Starr Award: 2018
Family: Married to Melissa Whitworth with four children
Charity Work: Supports the Forever Our Angels Foundation and hosts an annual football camp for kids
Hobbies: Hunting, Fishing, and playing guitar
Andrew Whitworth Net Worth, Bio: Early Life
Childhood in Louisiana
Andrew Whitworth was born on December 12, 1981, in Monroe, Louisiana. He grew up in a small town called West Monroe, with his parents and two sisters. As a child, he was always interested in sports, particularly football.
Whitworth attended West Monroe High School, where he played varsity football for four years. He was a standout player, as he played on both the offensive and defensive line. He was named to the Louisiana High School Football All-State team twice, and he helped lead his team to three state championships during his time there.
After graduating from high school, Whitworth went on to play football at Louisiana State University (LSU). He redshirted his freshman year, but he started every game in the following four years. He played as an offensive tackle for the LSU Tigers, where he was a two-time First-Team All-SEC selection and an All-American.
Whitworth also excelled in the classroom, graduating with a degree in general studies. He was named Academic All-American twice during his time at LSU.
Draft and Professional Career
Whitworth was drafted by the Cincinnati Bengals in the second round of the 2006 NFL Draft. He played for the Bengals for 11 seasons as a left tackle, earning three Pro Bowl selections during his time there. He also set a Bengals record for consecutive games started by a lineman, starting in 167 straight games.
In 2017, Whitworth signed a three-year contract with the Los Angeles Rams and has played for them ever since. He has continued to perform at a high level, being named a Pro Bowler in 2017 and 2018 and helping the Rams reach the Super Bowl in 2019.
Andrew Whitworth began his football career as a standout left tackle for West Monroe High School in Louisiana. He was heavily recruited by top college programs and ultimately chose to attend Louisiana State University (LSU).
At LSU, Whitworth continued to excel as an offensive lineman. He started every game of his freshman year and earned All-SEC honors in his sophomore and junior seasons. In his senior year, he was named a team captain and earned first-team All-SEC and second-team All-American honors.
Whitworth was drafted by the Cincinnati Bengals in the second round of the 2006 NFL Draft. He played for the Bengals for 11 seasons, starting in all but two of the 168 regular-season games he appeared in. During his time with the Bengals, he was selected to the Pro Bowl three times and was named a first-team All-Pro once.
In 2017, Whitworth signed with the Los Angeles Rams as a free agent. He has continued to be a dominant force on the offensive line, helping to lead the Rams to the Super Bowl in the 2018 season.
Off the Field
Off the field, Whitworth is known for his philanthropic efforts. He and his wife, Melissa, founded the Big Whit 77 Foundation, which supports a variety of causes in the community, including education, health and wellness, and youth sports programs. Whitworth has also been involved in the NFL's Salute to Service program, which honors and supports military service members and their families.
Overall, Whitworth's career has been defined by his consistent excellence on the field and his commitment to making a positive impact off the field.
How Andrew Whitworth Chooses to Spend His Income
Charitable GivingOne of the ways in which Andrew Whitworth spends his money is through charitable giving. As a philanthropist, he supports a variety of initiatives and organizations that are focused on education, healthcare, and social justice.
InvestmentsAside from charitable donations, Andrew Whitworth also invests his income in various ventures. He has made investments in the real estate market, as well as in technology companies, which has helped him diversify his portfolio and generate additional revenue streams.
Funding for Personal HobbiesAnother way in which Andrew Whitworth spends his money is by indulging in his personal hobbies. He enjoys golfing and fishing, and has been known to spend a significant amount of money on high-quality equipment and accessories to support his hobbies.
Family LifeAndrew Whitworth is also known for being a family man. He frequently organizes vacations and outings with his wife and children, and spends a significant portion of his income on their well-being and happiness, including education and extracurricular activities.
Daily ExpensesFinally, Andrew Whitworth spends a portion of his income on daily expenses, such as housing, bills, transportation, and food. As a successful athlete, he is able to afford a comfortable lifestyle while still maintaining a financially responsible approach to his expenditures.
The Career of Andrew Whitworth
Andrew Whitworth is an American football offensive tackle that played in college for Louisiana State University and now plays in the National Football League (NFL) for the Los Angeles Rams. With over a decade of professional experience, here are some highlights from his career:
- 5-time Pro Bowler: Whitworth has been selected to the Pro Bowl five times throughout his career, showcasing his consistent excellence on the field.
- 2-time First-team All-Pro: This recognition is awarded to the players deemed the best in their respective positions for the entire season, solidifying Whitworth as one of the top offensive tackles in the league.
- Super Bowl appearance: Whitworth played in Super Bowl LIII with the Los Angeles Rams, ultimately losing to the New England Patriots.
- Walter Payton Man of the Year nominee: Whitworth's positive impact extends beyond the football field as he was nominated for the Walter Payton Man of the Year Award, recognizing his charitable efforts and community involvement.
- Lifetime achievements: Whitworth has amassed an impressive career with over 200 games played and counting, solidifying him as a reliable and elite player in the NFL.
Favorite Quotes from Andrew Whitworth
- "When you've played this game as long as I have, you appreciate every moment and every opportunity you get. You never want to take it for granted."
- "You have to believe in yourself and your abilities. If you don't, no one else will."
- "It's not about how much money you make, it's about how you live your life and the impact you have on those around you."
- "True leaders don't just lead by example, they inspire others to be their best and to strive for greatness."
- "Success is not a destination, it's a journey. It's about the hard work, dedication, and perseverance you put in every single day."
- "The only limits in life are the ones we place on ourselves. If we believe we can accomplish something, we will find a way to make it happen."
- "Football is a physical game, but it's also a mental game. You have to be prepared, focused, and confident in your abilities at all times."
In summary, Andrew Whitworth has a strong belief in himself and the importance of hard work, dedication, and perseverance. He values leadership, inspiration, and striving for greatness. He emphasizes the mental aspect of football and the importance of preparation and focus. These quotes highlight his mindset and approach to both football and life.
Famous Success Lessons from Andrew Whitworth
Embrace Failure as a Learning Opportunity
According to Andrew Whitworth, failure is an important part of success. He believes that it is through failure that we can learn the most and make the necessary adjustments to achieve our goals. Whitworth's willingness to fail and learn from his mistakes has helped him to become one of the most successful football players of all time.
Set Realistic Goals and Work Hard to Achieve Them
Andrew Whitworth emphasizes the importance of setting realistic goals and working hard to achieve them. He believes that success is not an overnight process, but rather the result of consistent hard work and dedication. By setting achievable goals, Whitworth was able to stay motivated and focused on his journey to become a professional football player.
Surround Yourself with Positive Influences
Whitworth encourages individuals to surround themselves with positive influences and people who will support them on their journey to success. Whether it's family, friends, or mentors, having a strong support system can provide the motivation and encouragement needed to push through difficult times. Whitworth himself has been supported by his family and coaches throughout his career as a football player.
Stay Focused and Disciplined
Finally, Andrew Whitworth attributes his success to his ability to stay focused and disciplined in his approach to the game. He emphasizes the importance of staying committed to one's goals and putting in the time and effort required to achieve them. By staying focused and disciplined, Whitworth was able to overcome setbacks and ultimately achieve his dream of becoming a successful football player.
Interesting Facts About Andrew Whitworth
1. Pro Football Career: Andrew Whitworth is an accomplished professional football player. He played offensive tackle for the Los Angeles Rams from 2017 to 2020 and previously played for the Cincinnati Bengals from 2006 to 2016.
2. Height and Weight: Whitworth stands at an impressive 6 feet 7 inches and weighs 330 pounds, making him one of the largest players in the NFL.
3. Philanthropy: In addition to his success on the field, Whitworth is also dedicated to giving back to the community. He has established the Big Whit 77 Foundation to support local organizations and causes in his hometown of West Monroe, Louisiana.
4. Family Life: Whitworth is married to his high school sweetheart, Melissa. The couple has four children together and are an active part of their local church community.
5. Strength and Durability: Despite his size, Whitworth is known for his impressive strength and durability on the field. He has started over 220 games in his professional career and was named a Pro Bowler four times.
- 6. NFL Draft: Whitworth was drafted in the second round (55th overall) by the Cincinnati Bengals in the 2006 NFL Draft.
- 7. College Career: Whitworth was a standout player at Louisiana State University, where he played for four years and was named a first-team All-American in his senior year.
- 8. Business Ventures: In addition to his football career and philanthropic efforts, Whitworth has also invested in several business ventures, including a chain of car washes in Louisiana.
Andrew Whitworth is a successful American football player who has made a significant impact in his career. He has been playing as the offensive tackle for the Los Angeles Rams since 2017 and has played a vital role in the team's success in recent years.
Whitworth has earned a reputation for being a reliable and skilled player, which has helped him secure several awards and accolades throughout his career. Notably, he has been named to the Pro Bowl five times, including in 2020, and has been recognized as a First-Team All-Pro twice.
In addition to his achievements on the field, Whitworth is also known for his philanthropic efforts off the field. He has established the Big Whit 77 Foundation, which aims to support families and individuals in need, particularly those affected by poverty and education inequality.
Overall, Andrew Whitworth's dedication to his craft and his commitment to making a positive impact in his community have made him a highly respected figure in both the world of sports and philanthropy.
TNF’s Andrew Whitworth: Rams Will Be “Much Better” after Disastrous ’22 Season | The Rich Eisen Show
TNF’s Andrew Whitworth: Rams Will Be “Much Better” after Disastrous ’22 Season | The Rich Eisen Show by The Rich Eisen Show 5 days ago 7 minutes, 1 second 21,459 views
What is Andrew Whitworth's net worth?
According to Celebrity Net Worth, Andrew Whitworth's net worth is estimated to be $60 million.
What team does Andrew Whitworth play for?
Andrew Whitworth is a left tackle for the Los Angeles Rams in the National Football League (NFL).
What are some of Andrew Whitworth's career achievements?
Andrew Whitworth is a four-time Pro Bowl selection and a two-time second-team All-Pro. He has also been recognized as the Rams' Walter Payton Man of the Year nominee for his work off the field.
What is Andrew Whitworth's background?
Andrew Whitworth was born on December 12, 1981 in Monroe, Louisiana. He played college football at Louisiana State University before being drafted by the Cincinnati Bengals in the second round of the 2006 NFL Draft.