Larry Fitzgerald is a renowned American football player who has been playing for the Arizona Cardinals since 2004. His outstanding skills on the field have made him one of the most respected and admired players in the world of football. He has earned numerous awards and accolades for his contributions to the sport, including being named the Walter Payton Man of the Year in 2016 for his philanthropic and charitable work.
Born in Minnesota, Fitzgerald began his football career in high school where he quickly rose to fame due to his exceptional talent. He went on to attend the University of Pittsburgh, where he continued to showcase his skills and set records in the game. In 2004, he was drafted by the Arizona Cardinals, and since then, he has been an integral part of their team, proving time and again his worth on the field.
Despite his success in football, Fitzgerald remains humble and grounded, attributing his success to hard work, dedication, and a passion for the game. He is not only a great athlete but also a role model and inspiration to many young people around the world. In this article, we will take a closer look at the life and career of this amazing football player, including his net worth, bio, and much more.
Table of Larry Fitzgerald's Personal Information
|Net Worth||Larry Fitzgerald's net worth is estimated to be around $50 million USD. He has earned his fortune through his successful career as a professional football player and various commercial endorsements.|
|Age||Larry Fitzgerald was born on August 31, 1983, which makes him 38 years old as of 2021.|
|Born||Larry Fitzgerald was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States.|
|Gender||Larry Fitzgerald is a male.|
|Height||Larry Fitzgerald is 6 feet 3 inches (190 cm) tall.|
|Country of Origin||Larry Fitzgerald is from the United States of America.|
|Source of Wealth||Larry Fitzgerald's main source of wealth is his successful career as a professional football player. He has also earned money through various commercial endorsements, including deals with Nike, Nissan, and Verizon.|
Overall, Larry Fitzgerald is a successful athlete and businessman who has earned a significant fortune through his dedication and hard work. His impressive net worth and accomplishments in both football and business are a testament to his talent and drive.
Larry Fitzgerald is an American football player who has played for the Arizona Cardinals of the National Football League (NFL) since 2004. He is considered one of the best wide receivers in NFL history with numerous records and accolades to his name.
- Early Life: Fitzgerald was born in Minnesota in 1983 and grew up in a family of athletes. His father played for the Minnesota Vikings and his mother was a national class runner.
- College Career: Fitzgerald attended the University of Pittsburgh where he played college football and broke several school and NCAA records. He was a two-time unanimous All-American and won numerous awards including the Walter Camp Award and the Biletnikoff Award.
- Professional Career: Fitzgerald was drafted by the Arizona Cardinals in 2004 and has spent his entire NFL career with the team. He holds several NFL records including most receptions in a postseason and most seasons with 90+ receptions.
- Off the Field: Fitzgerald is known for his philanthropic efforts and has established the "Larry Fitzgerald First Down Fund" which supports various charities and causes. He is also a passionate golfer and has participated in several celebrity golf tournaments.
Larry Fitzgerald was born and raised in Minnesota in 1983. His parents, Carol and Larry Fitzgerald Sr., both played college sports at different universities. His mother played tennis at Indiana State University, and his father played football at the University of Minnesota.
From a young age, Fitzgerald showed interest in sports and excelled in football and basketball. He attended Holy Angels Catholic School where he played on the basketball and football teams. Fitzgerald later transferred to the Academy of Holy Angels High School where he continued to excel in both sports.
During his high school career, Fitzgerald received numerous awards and accolades for his athletic accomplishments, including being named "Minnesota Player of the Year" for football and "Mr. Basketball" for the state of Minnesota.
After graduating from high school, Fitzgerald attended the University of Pittsburgh where he played football for the Panthers. In his freshman year, he quickly established himself as one of the top wide receivers in the country, setting an NCAA record for most touchdown receptions by a freshman.
Early Years and College
Larry Fitzgerald's football career began at the early age of six when he played as a ballboy for the Minnesota Vikings. He played high school football at the Academy of Holy Angels in Minnesota, where he excelled as a wide receiver and was named Minnesota's Mr. Football in 2001. Fitzgerald chose to attend the University of Pittsburgh and played for the Panthers football team from 2002 to 2003. He was a two-time All-American and was named the Walter Camp Award winner in 2003.
Larry Fitzgerald was drafted third overall by the Arizona Cardinals in the 2004 NFL Draft. He has spent his entire career with the Cardinals and has become one of the most successful wide receivers in NFL history. Fitzgerald has been named to the Pro Bowl 11 times and has been a first-team All-Pro selection twice. He has also set several NFL records, including the most receptions in a postseason and the most receptions in a single postseason game. In addition, he helped lead the Cardinals to the Super Bowl in 2008.
Off the Field
Larry Fitzgerald is not only known for his successful football career, but also for his philanthropic efforts off the field. He established the Larry Fitzgerald First Down Fund in 2005, which supports children in crisis by funding positive experiences and opportunities. He has also been involved in numerous other charitable endeavors, including working with the Breast Cancer Research Foundation and providing aid to Haiti after the 2010 earthquake.
How Larry Fitzgerald Spends His Money
Larry Fitzgerald, the former NFL player, has built a fortune throughout his career. With an estimated net worth of $50 million, Fitzgerald is known for his business ventures and philanthropic efforts.
One of the major areas where Fitzgerald spends his money is in philanthropy. He has established the Larry Fitzgerald First Down Fund, which helps children and their families dealing with medical crises, and the Carol Fitzgerald Memorial Fund, which funds causes near and dear to his mother's heart. Fitzgerald has also donated millions to the University of Phoenix and to his high school alma mater, Academy of Holy Angels.
When not focused on giving back, Fitzgerald enjoys spending his money on luxury items like cars, watches, and property. He is known to have a love for Rolls Royces, owning a few himself, including the 2020 Rolls-Royce Cullinan that he purchased for $450,000. Fitzgerald also has a few properties such as a multimillion-dollar waterfront mansion in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Fitzgerald's entrepreneurial spirit has also led him to invest in several businesses. He is a co-founder of the BlackRock Municipal Income Investment Trust and has invested in various tech startups such as Go Pro and Uber, making him a savvy investor as well.
In conclusion, Larry Fitzgerald spends his money on a diverse range of items and ventures, always showing his passion for philanthropy, luxury, and business.
Larry Fitzgerald's NFL career began in 2004 when he was drafted by the Arizona Cardinals. He has been with the team ever since and has become one of the most successful wide receivers in the league's history. With over 1,400 receptions, 17,000+ yards, and 120 touchdowns, Fitzgerald has established himself as a true football legend.
Throughout his career, Fitzgerald has had many record-breaking seasons. In 2008, he had a career-high 1,431 receiving yards and 12 touchdowns. He also set a franchise record with 103 receptions in 2015. In 2016, he became the first player in NFL history to have three consecutive seasons with 100+ receptions and 1,000+ receiving yards.
Fitzgerald is not only known for his success on the field, but also for his philanthropic endeavors. He established the Larry Fitzgerald First Down Fund in 2005, which supports children and their families with significant medical, educational, and social needs. He has also been an advocate for breast cancer awareness and has participated in several campaigns to raise awareness and funds for the cause.
- Fitzgerald's career includes over 1,400 receptions, 17,000+ yards, and 120 touchdowns
- He has had many record-breaking seasons, including 2008 when he had a career-high 1,431 receiving yards and 12 touchdowns
- Off the field, he established the Larry Fitzgerald First Down Fund and has been an advocate for breast cancer awareness
Favorite Quotes from Larry Fitzgerald
"The only way to do great work is to love what you do"
Larry Fitzgerald believes that passion is the key to success. When you love what you do, you are willing to work hard and go the extra mile. This is something that has always been important to the NFL player, and he lives by this motto on and off the field.
"I believe you're blessed to be a blessing to others"
Fitzgerald is a firm believer in giving back. He understands that he has been given a platform and an opportunity to make a difference, and he takes this responsibility seriously. Whether he is donating to charity or spending time with young football players, Larry always strives to help others.
"It's not about the destination, it's about the journey"
Fitzgerald understands that success is not just about the end result, but about the journey. He believes that it is important to enjoy the process and learn from every experience. This mindset has helped him stay grounded and motivated throughout his career.
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"
Fitzgerald knows that talent alone is not enough to achieve success. Hard work and dedication are just as important. He believes in putting in the time and energy to improve his skills and performance, and this is something he encourages others to do as well.
- "Football is such an intense experience, and you can't do it forever."
- "I don't have a quarterback's mentality. I have a team mentality."
These are just a few of Larry Fitzgerald's favorite quotes. They provide insight into his character and his approach to life and football. He is a true inspiration to many, and his words have the power to motivate and encourage others to pursue their dreams with passion and dedication.
Success Lessons from Larry Fitzgerald
Never Give Up
One of the key success lessons from Larry Fitzgerald is to never give up. Despite enduring several injuries and setbacks throughout his career, Fitzgerald consistently pushes through and remains dedicated to his craft. He has stated that the most important factor in achieving success is perseverance and the willingness to keep going even when faced with adversity.
Work Hard and Smart
Fitzgerald also emphasizes the importance of hard work and smart work in achieving success. He believes that talent alone is not enough, and that effort and dedication are crucial components of any successful career. He advises others to focus on developing their skills and talents while also working hard to stay knowledgeable and informed about their industry.
Stay Humble and Grateful
Despite his immense success, Fitzgerald remains humble and grateful for his blessings. He credits his success to his family, friends, and community, and makes a point to give back through various charitable endeavors. He believes that staying grounded and appreciative of one's opportunities is key to maintaining success in the long term.
- Always maintain a positive attitude and outlook
- Believe in yourself and your abilities
- Seek out and learn from mentors and peers
Overall, Larry Fitzgerald's success lessons emphasize the importance of perseverance, hard work, and humility in achieving and maintaining success in any industry or career path.
Interesting and Surprising Facts About Larry Fitzgerald
- His Father Was a Sport Coach: Larry's father, Larry Fitzgerald Sr., was a sport coach who worked at the University of Minnesota for over two decades. He was a significant influence in Larry Jr.'s life and helped him develop as a football player.
- He is an Accomplished Football Player: Larry is regarded as one of the best wide receivers in the NFL history. He's had a successful career, playing for the Arizona Cardinals for over a decade. He has been selected for the Pro Bowl eleven times and been named an All-Pro five times.
- He's a Philanthropist: Larry is known for his passion for helping the community. He started the Larry Fitzgerald First Down Fund, which benefits numerous children's organizations in Minnesota and Arizona. He also helped fund a hospital in Africa and traveled there personally to oversee the project.
- He's Also the Spokesperson for Several Brands: As an accomplished football player, Larry is also the spokesperson for several companies. He's represented by popular brands like Nike and Bose and has even appeared in television commercials for Visa.
- He Has a Strong Educational Background: Larry is more than just a football player. He graduated from the University of Pittsburgh in 2005 with a degree in communications and has been known to read books during his downtime on game days.
Larry Fitzgerald is a retired American football wide receiver who played for the Arizona Cardinals in the National Football League (NFL) for 17 seasons. Throughout his career, he earned numerous accolades and set several records, including the most receptions in a single postseason and the most receiving yards in a single postseason.
Off the field, Fitzgerald is known for his philanthropic work, particularly in his hometown of Minneapolis and with his own non-profit organization, the Larry Fitzgerald First Down Fund. He has also been involved in several business ventures, including owning a minority stake in the Phoenix Suns NBA team and partnering with companies such as Microsoft and DirecTV.
As of 2021, Larry Fitzgerald's net worth is estimated to be in the range of $60 million to $80 million, making him one of the richest retired NFL players. He continues to be well-respected in the sports world and beyond for his talent, humility, and philanthropic efforts.
- Achievements: 11-time Pro Bowl selection, First-team All-Pro selection (2008), Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year Award (2016), 2x NFL receiving touchdowns leader (2008, 2009).
- Records: Most receptions in a single postseason (30), most receiving yards in a single postseason (546), most receptions with one team (1,432), and most receiving yards with one team (17,492).
- Philanthropy: Established the Larry Fitzgerald First Down Fund, which focuses on providing opportunities and support for children and families in need in Minneapolis and Arizona.
- Business Ventures: Minority owner of the Phoenix Suns NBA team and partnerships with companies such as Microsoft and DirecTV.
??BREAKING NEWS! POSSIBLE DEAL IS SOON! SHAKED THE BASEBALL! ST.LOUIS CARDINALS NEWS
??BREAKING NEWS! POSSIBLE DEAL IS SOON! SHAKED THE BASEBALL! ST.LOUIS CARDINALS NEWS by St. Louis Cardinals News 2 days ago 2 minutes, 31 seconds 730 views
What is Larry Fitzgerald's net worth?
Larry Fitzgerald's net worth is estimated to be around $50 million.
What teams has Larry Fitzgerald played for?
Larry Fitzgerald has only played for one team in the NFL, the Arizona Cardinals.
What are some of Larry Fitzgerald's career achievements?
Larry Fitzgerald has been selected to the Pro Bowl 11 times, has been named First Team All-Pro twice, and was the NFL receiving yards leader in 2008. He also holds numerous Cardinals franchise records and was named to the NFL's all-decade team for the 2010s.